STAR WARS ENCLAVE

STAR WARS ENCLAVE

STAR WARS ENCLAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STAR WARS ENCLAVELog in

STAR WARS ROLEPLAYING

pollWhat level of censorship should be enforced on the forums?

Full censorship: no cussing or slurs
0%
Partial censorship: no slurs only
67%

Mel, VADER, Yri, AshBun

No censorship: cussing and slurs are free to use
33%

Vermirah, Mesh'la

Total Votes:
Poll closed

descriptionCensorship and You EmptyCensorship and You

more_horiz
This poll is to decide what level of censorship should be enforced on the site. Censorship only effects real world curse words and slurs. Fictional slurs (i.e. calling a wookie a walking carpet) used in the Star Wars universe may be addressed on a case by case basis at a later date.

If anyone wishes to advocate for a particular level of censorship, please discuss below before casting your vote.

The poll will last for 3 days at which time the results will be revealed.

We are doing this poll because the question of censorship effects the whole community and is thus a larger question than the Council should answer alone without the input of the community.

descriptionCensorship and You EmptyRe: Censorship and You

more_horiz
Personally I advocate for partial censorship for 2 reasons.

1. We are all adults and can handle cuss words with maturity. However that does not mean we should allow slurs of any kind within our community as such things go against our policies to begin with.

2. We have a small but diverse group of people in our community right now, however we have always had intentions to grow our community. Our community hasn't always been the healthiest of places, yet we have always been quick about correcting such things because we want our players and DM's to feel safe and have fun. And no one wants to see real world slurs in our fictional games.

more_horiz
The site is for 18+ in age. Anyone applying knows what they are signing up for. I know we all have common sense and maturity when it comes to language. Certain topics are still off the table though. I almost meant to hit the middle option of yes to curse words and no slurs. Because that's just awful.

more_horiz
Censorship is a plague on humanity and while racism and hateful behavior shouldn't be used against fellow guild members I belive their use in story is perfectly appropriate seeing as the empire is racist as hell.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply