STAR WARS ENCLAVE

STAR WARS ENCLAVE

STAR WARS ENCLAVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STAR WARS ENCLAVELog in

STAR WARS ROLEPLAYING

descriptionInside Akira's Mind... EmptyInside Akira's Mind...

more_horiz
Inside Akira's Mind... 55F2Eks

Inside Akira's Mind... PIlphir Inside Akira's Mind... TlG1aUi

Akira walks down the hallway of the ship the morning after the meeting in the control room. She’s on her way to meet Pearl. She hums as Chase floats along beside her. Akira can't shake the memory of Pearl using the blaster on Fen. As she thinks she feels Chase's warm presence in her mind, soft and gentle like a warm breeze.

Akira turns to the Bouncer, "I think it's time we learn our way around a blaster."
Akira continues wandering around the ship and after 15 minutes of searching gives up looking for Pearl and makes her way to the training area.

Inside Akira's Mind... XhHeY88

Inside Akira's Mind... LSIPZKm

As she walks in, she sees Arek calmly taking aim at a target with his blaster. She pauses watching him uncertain of what to make of their newest shipmate. Again, she feels the soft presence of Chase in her mind like a gentle nudge forward. She turns to the bouncer and sticks her tongue out.

"I take it this is your response to me wanting to learn to use a blaster" she sighs grinning as Chase mimics her with his tongue sticking out.

Akira lets her gaze return to Arek and he continues to watch as he pulls out a cigarette and lights it.

Akira smiles and scratches the bouncers head and wanders toward Arek. "It's been a while since I've seen anyone practice with blasters," Akira starts off, pausing…"You and Ramera seem pretty skilled."

“Thanks... well all of us aren't blessed with your gifts...” He inhales smoke.

Inside Akira's Mind... PIlphir

Akira shrugs, "I find these gifts often leave people short sighted of the other tools that can be used for the job. It's been years since I've had any practice and the practice I had was... well... the best street thugs could offer." Akira raises her eyebrows, "any chance you have some spare time to review the basics with me? I hear we have another full day of travel before arriving at Tython."Her eyes travel to the blaster at his side. "Is that a holdout blaster or a stingbeam? I always mix the compact pistols up."

Both of my pistols are Bothan Quick Draws... specially modified” he says putting on the safety and handing it to Akira “ but why would a Jedi need a blaster?” He takes a drag inhaling and slowly exhaling as the smoke blows lazily from his mouth.

Eyebrows raise as she takes one of the Bothan's double checking the safety. She opens her mouth to reply to his question and see's Pearl walking toward the group and closes her mouth as Pearl joins them with Debby beside her.

Inside Akira's Mind... Lrmmdg5 Inside Akira's Mind... YDGkW85

"Hey, can anyone join in?" Pearl asks and then seeing Akira with a blaster adds, "This should be interesting."

Arek interjects “Hey now this isn’t a toy... Someone points this at you, they mean to kill you. If you point it at anyone, consider yourself dead too. Because if you miss, they won’t.”

"Noted" Akira says solemnly to Arek.

“Both of you can kill with a thought. What’s a gun have that you even need?”

Akira turned toward Pearl, "well, Pearl just saved our asses with her blaster, I figured it wouldn't hurt to know my own way around one should a time ever come."

Inside Akira's Mind... YDGkW85

Pearl shrugs, "Had to against Master Fen. He was stronger than the both of us. My saber would have drawn too much attention."

“Oh yeah?” Arek asks curiously looking at Pearl. “You killed someone with a blaster? Wait, Master Fen? I thought he was a Jedi? Hell, he stormed outta here earlier Why would you kill him?” He squints his eyes.

“The nautulan jedi master, he was taken over by the sentient species known as the Mgnaal-Mgnaal. There was no coming back from that. Even a skilled healer as I am, there was no bringing him back. So we saved him by killing him."

“Wow.”

"If the same happened to me, I would expect death to come my way quickly."

“So even Master Jedi couldn't stop those zombie things?”

"Any living being. We know that better than anyone." Pearl corrects solemnly.

“Well hopefully that’s the last of them.” He quickly twirls his additional side arm and places it back in its holster before adding in full of swagger “If not, they won't get me. If you both really want to learn you will need to forget that Jedi crap. Its life or death in an instant there’s no morality to the gun.”

“If you do not mind teaching. Even Debbie here would benefit from learning. It teaches to not always be reliant on a saber or the force. Me and her will also go over Echani fighting style as well when she has more training.”

"I'd love to learn." Akira Chimes in his comment about morality tugging at the back of her mind like Chase's own presence.

“Alright.” Arek drops his cigarette and twists his foot to put it out. “Follow me....” Arek begins to make his way to the 3rd Cargo bay.

descriptionInside Akira's Mind... EmptyRe: Inside Akira's Mind...

more_horiz
Inside Akira's Mind... MCW6HNE

Inside Akira's Mind... YDGkW85 Inside Akira's Mind... Lrmmdg5

Pearl and Debbie follow Arek, feeling a bit of a chill as they pass Cargo Bay 1 coming from Accendo standing there, almost like feeling ice with the palm of her hand passing him. She just nods to her former Master. Places Debbie to the left of her, "Pay attention to Arek. It is always good to learn from other people, not just your jedi master."

Akira on the other hand nods her head to Accendo as they passed him before quickly trotting on behind Arek feeling the prying pressure of Chase in her mind. She mentally murmurs to him it could be a useful skill.

“Ok ladies,” Arek spoke up and gestures to Chase, “and whatever that thing is. Make sure to spread out evenly.” Arek punches up targets from his datapad, they appear 20 feet away from all practitioners. “These guns are for training use only, but they mimic the weight and feel of actual pistols. My forte -Blaster Pistol Range: 23m, the most common ranged weapon in the galaxy is the basic blaster pistol, firing a bolt of intense coherent light powered by a replaceable power pack.” His eyes scan the group before him. “Ok for now just practice holding the side arm correctly... support it in your left hand while your right aims and uses your trigger finger. Make sure you take the safety off…”

Akira still holding the Bothan follows Arek's direction steadying her breathing. Arek notices and walks over handing Akira a training pistol, “maybe someday” he chuckles and resumes his position instructing them. “Look through the crosshairs with both eyes not one. See your target, aim center mass for now.”

Akira begins exhaling slowly.

“Hey now don’t get ahead of me!” He scolds looks at Akira breaking her concentration. “Breathing is the last part. You only exhale when you pull the trigger not before. Inhaling messes up your aim.”

Akira grins sheepishly, bowing her head in a quick nod.

Arek goes to a chosen spot. “That’s why you cannot panic when the going gets rough. It always does. Now all of you, together, inhale deeply, but keep your arms straight on target. Inhale deeply but keep your arms straight on target when you finish inhaling exactly, pull the trigger.” He pauses as the Jedi focus in on the task at hand. “Any day now,” he presses impatiently.

Pearl looks at the targets straight ahead of them. Pulling up the pistol in both hands keeping her arms straight. Inhaling in the process and exhaling her breath looking the target letting off a couple of shots at the target. Pearl hits right leg and left arm pit of the target.

“Not bad!” Arek says encouragingly witnessing the Echani jedi.

Akira follows along exhaling slowly. As her breath depletes from her lungs, she notices a slight pause of stillness and pulls the trigger. The kick from the blaster catches her off guard and she miss the target all together on her second shot as well as the first.

“Concentrate!” Arek snaps from the sideline.

She steadies herself and hits the target again on her third shot and Akira hits shoulder.

“Better.” He adds neutrally.

Pearl looks over at Debbie who is just now pulling her own shot from the pistol which hits the target’s head.

“What the kriff?! Beginners luck, gimme that pistol little girl!” Arek says gruffly snapping the blaster from her small hands.

Pearl looks over in surprise, "That was amazing!"

Akira scowls at her missed shot and looks at the third shot. She allows herself to breathe in and again on the end of her exhale fires three shots finding a better balance between her shots.

“That girl is a natural. Naturally good at making you all look bad lol. I'll save you the humiliation.” Arek coos.

"There is nothing wrong with letting her learn as well. Beginners luck or not, she needs to learn." Pearl interjects patiently.

Debbie keeps firing as Arek continues explaining “she needs a better pistol for her hands” as he reaches into his duffle bag. “Try this one shawty.” He tosses Debbie another smaller side arm and she catches it and looks oddly at it pointing it up to gaze down at it.

Akira smiles encouragingly at Debbie glancing at Pearl.

“Hey! Don’t look at the muzzle end! Never do that!” He says sharply.

Pearl smiles over at Debbie. "Keep going, everyone gets put into positions that they need to adjust to and keep going. This is a situation like that."

“I like this!” An excited Debbie announces gleefully, “It feels funny in my hand not like the other one. Okay, I’mma shoot!” Debbie fires off two shots inhaling with one hitting center mass with the other missing entirely. “Awwww! I missed!”

“It’s ok little one.” Arek assured smiling proudly. “That gun is made for your hands. Try again. All of you.”

Pearl brings her firearm back up with her arms straight inhaling as she goes, exhaling to pull the trigger a couple of times looking through the sight at the target.

"Practice only makes you better." Pearl hits both times Center mass.

Feeling a sense of determination Akira rolls her shoulders and brings her arms back up letting her body connect with the pistol as an extension of herself. She lets herself step into a state of calm again as she exhales and pulls the trigger in three bursts.

“Nice!’ Arek says encouragingly as Akira hits right shoulder, Knee, and right hand. “Seems like you are pulling to the right Akira.” He inhales cigarette adding “Anything on your mind?”

Akira shoots him a glance her face serious for half a second before it falls into a warm smile and light dances in her eyes. "Oh yeah know..." she drawls lightly, "just the whole weight of the near extinction of the Jedi, nothing major."

Arek grins.

“In all seriousness thought, I do appreciate you taking the time to walk us all through this." She adds genuinely.

“My pleasure. Just when I think I got you Jedi figured out,” Arek brings his cigarette up to his mouth inhaling before exhaling before continuing, “you ask me for this. Smh.”

Pearl and Debbie keep going with the inhaling and exhaling routine, bringing the pistol back up inhaling, exhaling to fire at the target looking through the eye of the pistol firing off a couple of rounds each time. Pearl encourages the small human girl to keep going. Pearl only stopping to hear Akira.

Looking over at the Zabrak female before saying, "as long as one of us is still alive. The teachings and temples will always keep going. There are relics such as holocrons and books for the curious mind."

He inhales another drag. “Want to try again Akira?”

Aware as Pearl hits again, center mass, and again as Debbie hits center mass, then nothing, then center mass then nothing. Debbie’s giggles ring out around the bay.

Akira stands silently suddenly aware of the warm presence of Chase in her mind again, she hadn't until that moment realized how cold she had felt. She shuffles lightly foot to foot rolling her fingers between her free hand. She feels the warm image of summer and sunshine Chase projects into her mind. Akira's mind pushes away the sunshine and she heard Khanz's voice in her head as he first taught her to hold a blaster. But his voice is overtaken by another more distant whisper, far off, as it statics in and out "use me". She furrows her eyebrows suddenly aware of Arek's presence. "Sorry, what was that?" She says turning to him throwing on another smile, "I was concentrating on your instructions previously."

Chase floats above them darting back and forth, anxiously.

“I just asked if you wanted to shoot again, Akira?” Arek reiterated his question.

Akira nods her head, "you said I was pulling to the right? What would you recommend adjusting for that?" The whispering grows louder in her ears. ‘Use me... use me...’

Arek comes towards her. “Widen your stance and put your chin in your chest. Then fire. Try not to be distracted.” He exhales smoke.

Akira listens to Arek as she lets her mind reach for Chase. She feels his warm presence again and the whispering begins to subside. She tenses as Arek closes the distance between them and is aware that it is only Chase's soft presence in her mind that eased away any sense of fear. "Okay I'll try that."

Akira adjusts her stance and puts her chin to her chest exhaling slowly as she fires two shots.
Pearl hears Debbie continuing to fire her small pistol in a routine she manages to keep going. Pearl stopped, having her pistol pointed towards the ground watching Akira's actions. Akira smiles at the shots and lowers her pistol putting the safety on. She notices Pearl looking at her and smiles. "I'm definitely not you yet, but maybe I could hit a zombie locked in carbonite."

Debbie giggles and Chase slows his darting down to a hover over Akira looking at her as he telepathically says, ‘Don’t shoot... Don't shoot...’

Pearl smiles at Akira, "Practice can only make you better and frequently.”

"Thank you, Pearl, and Arek for the lessons." She steps back from the line watching Debbie.

Arek clears his throat. “That’s enough for today. Keep your training weapons. We will work on longer distance, and quick draws next time. No problem.”

Pearl nods to Arek, "Thank you kindly. Any advice for Debbie?" Pearl turns the safety on and puts it away on her belt.

“I gave Debbie a smaller Bothan pistol for her small hands, it’s also a training weapon you can set these on stun only. They aren’t lethal. I believe they sell sidearms in the armory if you wish to purchase one. A jedi with a blaster... like tits on a Tatooine bull.” He chuckles shaking his head.

“Arek, what are these pistols called?” Ever inquisitive Akira asks softly.

“Training pistols. But they are mimics of basic Blaster Pistol, nothing fancy. No augments.” He looks up noticing Chase hovering above Akira.
Akira catches Chase’s worried eyes and reaches out to him letting her fingers run over his fluffy tummy. "I'm alright" she whispers quietly to him zoning out of the conversation before her as Pearl and Arek continue talking.

"…They do, we're on our way there next to get Debbie outfitted for Tython and supply up. It's going to be hard."

“I’m sure you guys will do fine. Hell, you and I faced sterner stuff on Delaya.” He puts out his most recent cigarette.

Pearl looks at Arek smiling, "I am currently carrying two DE-10 pistols. Hopefully while on Tython, we'll figure out a way to reverse what happened to Delaya."

“Sounds like a date. I’m in!” Arek shares.

"You want to go? To an ancient jedi planet?” Pearl questioned to make sure she heard correctly.

“I need to get off this rock eventually anyways. Need some sun on my face. Sure, why the hell not. Delaya sucked. Cannot be worse than that.” Arek answers coming over.

Akira joins back into the conversation interrupting slightly. "Thanks again. I think Chase and I are going to head off to find some food." She waves to the group and turns around wandering the opposite direction heading for her room as Chase wraps tail around Akira's waist and hovers to follow her.

more_horiz
Inside Akira's Mind... YlwAiSa

Inside Akira's Mind... VWlgH1U

Akira turns away from the group with no intention of going to get food as she told them and every intention of making her way straight to her room to sort out her head. As she walks, she talks with Chase back and forth in her head.

‘I don't know what is going on. Why does all this past stuff keep coming up?’

Chase's tip of his tail rubs softly on her back and the word "family" comes through her mind. But the Jedi... everyone here, are supposed to be my family now She says and is overcome with the memory of the dead nurse from her practice with Kiflin. "Not real" resonates through her head, "pretend" again from Chase. Lost in her thoughts Akira lets her feet carry her down the twisting turns of the ship up from Cargo Bay 3. She doesn't stop to even check if Accendo is in bay 1 still.

Inside Akira's Mind... J4XCrGZ

Accendo had stood to watch the practice unfold. They were all amateurs, himself included, yet there was always some fascination with watching someone shoot. Accendo could only guess that it was because it reminded him of the thrill of battle.

It wasn’t too long however when he felt another faint ripple, like a whisper on a breeze. It never felt clear if it wasn't for him, but he knew what it was. When everyone had decided to break up the session, Akira went her own separate way. Feeling a conflict with in her it was like Accendo was drawn in her direction. It wasn't because of any biological attraction, but rather due to the faint resonance of darkness with in her that seemed a far cry off from his own. He didn't say anything, to her, but he did follow for a bit, not entirely sure why besides that it felt right.

Akira feels Chase's gentle tugging on the back of her shawl and pauses turning around noticing Accendo following along further down the hallway. She goes to smile placing the mask on her face her consular training has drilled into her, but it feels hollow and pointless, so she lets her smile fall away and stands there unsure what to do. She settles on simply nodding her head before adding, "you look like you're healing well."

Accendo stands there several feet away, it felt a bit awkward a meeting like this. "Thank you, Pearl does good work. You...feel conflicted or unsure." He made no pretense at trying to be anything than what he was, a broken man embroiled in his own darkness. He used no mask save the one he wore to breath, so the look in his eyes were as honest as they could be, for all the bitterness behind them.

The honesty catches Akira off guard, and she tenses momentarily before feeling the soft calming presence of Chase in her mind. "I..." Kiflin's words and Pearl's uneasiness echo in her mind urging her to use caution. She feels the tear in her on how to proceed. "I..." and surprising herself the words suddenly tumble out, "I didn't expect so much death to continue to follow me when I joined the Jedi. We're supposed to be better than that." She sighs her eyes gazing into the distance.

Accendo nods, understanding the meaning and says, "War makes killers of us all. War is death, war is hate, fear, chaos. War is the Darkside. Jedi went from keepers of the peace that would work to save everyone... Now it seems they will only work to save whoever is on their political side. It isn’t just the war that's tainted and stunted the Jedi, it’s the politics. Jedi are supposed to be better. But Jedi aren’t gods. They are men and women who are fallible. The conflict within you is the same in everyone else, the same as within me."

Akira's eyes light up as he mentions the conflict within him. "Can you tell me more about your conflict. You came back..." She knew deep inside she had run from her own conflict. Spent years trying to drown out her parents’ murder, and the endless fights between her older brother and sister. She had sought out the Jedi to find peace, to escape the blood lust her brother had always fueled in her blood that called to her far more than her gentle sister's healing ways.

Accendo shakes his head and for a moment, sadness can be seen in his eyes, "I am here, but I did not come back. I've renounced the Jedi. My conflict has been a long one, derived from choice, or rather the lack there of. It led me to hate my father and flee the Jedi...it lead me to murder my father and join the Sith. Once it became clear however that it was not a choice, I fled again. This time back to the Jedi because if I didn’t they'd have hunted me down." His eyes grew distant as if trapped in a memory before refocusing on Akira. "I had repressed my own darkness since then before being reminded of the anger, shame and self-loathing I have..."

"So, what do we do with this brokenness? The more I face the harder it feels to hide it. I meditate and seek the ways of the Jedi path and yet... it doesn't quiet. Am I to end up a traitor like Xavier? Or disgraced like..." she pauses the turmoil clear in her voice.

Accendo shrugs, knowing what he's about to say might not make sense. "You accept it. But know that you are not broken, merely a different version of yourself. As we go through life, we'll find that pieces of ourselves might change over time. But those quick changes in ourselves, the changes that make us feel broken, worthless, damaged... They are pieces to our puzzle that no longer fit. They don't fit because we are not the same puzzle anymore, and that conflict comes from trying to accept that. You are no more broken than I am, or even Scourge. It will not make you a traitor, nor a disgrace. What will make you those things are your own decisions."

Accendo slowly steps forward and places a hand on Akira's shoulder, "All you can do is accept that the person you were, may no longer be the person you are now and go from there."

Akira hadn't realized she had been holding her breath as he spoke and let out a long exhale as his hand touched her shoulder. A sense of relief flooded through her. "Thank you. I feel like you're the first person on this ship that's really seen me for months."

Removing his hand Accendo's eyes crinkle in a small smile hidden behind the mask. "Just because I am no longer a Jedi does not make me blind... Besides, Pearl already fixed that." He gives a small wink at the joke before giving her some space, "Just remember, accept the change to who you are, and never be shamed by who you are."

She nods her head and smiles. "I hope we find ourselves in another one of these chats in another deserted hallway before the upcoming chaos comes. It was a welcomed kindness." Akira bows slightly and turns returning toward her room.

more_horiz
Location_Stav Kesh_

Planet_Tython_

Inside Akira's Mind... IS2aPkI

Inside Akira's Mind... DSc8ROP Inside Akira's Mind... TlG1aUi

Following her emotional breakdown at the base of the Tor Yor, Akira becomes focused on getting away from everyone as soon as she can. Focused solely on wanting to explore the southeastern islands the monk had mentioned to her. As she strides into the temple Chase follows silently behind her tail looped around her hood as she stops only to ask a monk for directions to Stav Kesh’s armory.
Akira feels an emptiness as Chase’s presence is even withdrawn from her mind and her only reminder that he is there is the steady backward pressure of her hood pulling softly against her collarbones. Feeling guilty over her brashness she attempts to explain herself and minimize her sense of recklessness.

“Don’t worry Chase, we’ll stop and get some supplies before we head out to explore.” Akira mumbles as she walks along, all too aware that Chase’s silence is worried disapproval.

At the armory Akira purchases a glow stick and a grappling hook, which she tosses into her backpack, as she makes her way back to The Learner shuttle she had been piloting earlier. Once onboard the shuttle, she mentally recalls the map she has seen and with a sharp take off. Pilots the shuttle into the air with enough force to push her firmly into the back of her seat. Grinning she shoots into the sky letting the world fall away behind her before leveling out the controls and typing in coordinates for her heading.

Inside Akira's Mind... V1K4baI

Never one to utilize autopilot, she smirks at Chase and his tail wrapped firmly around the four-point harness and pushes the nose of the shuttle upward sharply as the stall warning begins to scream before pushing the controls forward and letting the nose dip maneuvering them into a steep dive. Akira giggles gleefully as the plummet races her heart before pulling back on the control as the force of the change in directions drops the bottom out of her stomach and they again resume into a steep climb. She continues this for a few more maneuvers until the adrenaline stops and moves on to lazy wing over maneuvers to entertain herself until this too becomes boring and she’s left flying straight and steady allowing her mind to wander back to her failed mission in the pub on Coruscant.

Akira thinks back to the last three years following her meeting with General Eviscerate and the year following that meeting prior to her making her way back to the remaining Jedi on Tyrataeus.

Her short time as a consular had been a huge failure. General Eviscerate had tricked her and not arrived at their meeting alone, his hired hand had taken her by surprise at gun point, and she’d failed to make contact with the mysterious stranger from the bar. She’d gone into hiding shortly after that upon hearing of the Sith’s attack on Tython and the decimation of the Jedi. Whispers and rumors spread quickly that the Jedi were all extinguished from the galaxy, but Akira knew better as she could still feel the lightest presence of her old master in the force and knew she would have felt his passing.

In those months following she returned to the street-smart lifestyle her brother had drilled into her mind avoiding the use of the force as much as she could to keep a low profile. She hadn’t even returned to her room after General Eviscerate’s hired gun had let her go. Part of her had expected to be sold for a bounty and so she took this as the force telling her she still had work to do; still had her people to find and aid.

So she spent countless days in seedy bars with late nights gambling and competing in fighting rings searching for familiar faces from her time with her brother. She knew if she could find someone from his smuggling contacts they could get word to him and he had enough sway to help her find her remaining people.

Akira’s mind wandered into reliving the events.

Two and half years ago…

Location_Tits Up_

Planet_Coruscant_

Inside Akira's Mind... NyI7ABN

It was another Thursday night after winning her match against a particularly nasty Quarren known for killing his female competitors despite repeated referee interference. But it was the brutality of the basement matches that the Twi’lek bar, Tits Up, was known for, and so Akira knew it was her best shot for finding her connections, and unlike most of the underworld owners, Mama Xiaan had only two rules for her girls: everyone performs -she didn’t care how, fighting, dancing, singing, fucking- and two thirds of your earnings are hers in exchange for a place to stay and keeping people from asking questions. The fierce Twi’lek madam, Akira would come to learn was aptly named spider in Ryl, as it was always the web of Madam Xiaan that had caught wind of whatever you were searching for, and this time after 5 months of waiting it happened to be Blake Staton.

Inside Akira's Mind... I7gchgY

Inside Akira's Mind... FfMGCEh

“Aye, Gida” Xiaan had called out, using the only name anyone in the bar knew her by; another gift from Madam Xiaan to her girls was the erasure of their past, and their rebirth into her web of resources. “There’s someone in the Champagne room you’d be interested in meeting.”

Inside Akira's Mind... VaL3prI

Akira raised her eyebrows quizzically prompting only a wink and a chin point from the Twi’lek directing her across the room.

Inside Akira's Mind... WsebsAP Inside Akira's Mind... GFOVrNa

As Akira entered the room the two dancing girls immediately stopped and nodded to Akira whispering warmly “Gida” as they passed her on their way out. The patron’s eyes traveled up and down her mostly covered body taking in her healing cuts and bruises on her knuckles and face, and her still bleeding split lip.

Inside Akira's Mind... GFOVrNa

“Gida?” he laughs, “my Ryl isn’t what it used to be, but that’s female warrior isn’t it?” he chuckles, “looks like bantha burger would have been more fitting, why’d you have to go an scare the pretty ones off?”

Akira winks and walks up to the pole in front of Blake and leans her back against it slowly lowering herself to his eye level. “Look very closely Staton, because I fear those old eyes are failing you just as much as that old memory of yours is right now.” She let her orange eyes burn deeply into his. “You use to brag that you never forgot a face, let alone a name.”

Blake’s eyes widen as he makes the connection, “You’re… you’re… Ak—”

“Gida will do Staton, Gida.”

Blake swallows hard adjusting his clothes, “I... you’re hardly the child you were the last time I saw you… you’ve…” his eyes travel to her chest before darting back up, “you’ve grown up.”

“I’m 17 and I’ll conveniently forget your treatment of me when I see my brother, on the condition you help me get in contact with him, and should I need it, transport off this planet.”

Blake nods, “for the 'princess' of the Krekao crew of course.”

“Do not use that name here. Here I am no one, I wish to remain only Gida, which you’ll do well to remember if you want to continue selling your Kolto and Carsunum on Iridonia and the outer reaches of the unpatrolled galaxy in Zabarak terra forming camps. Now, I’ll leave and have the girls return, and when you have answers for me you know where to find me.”

Akira raises herself up to her full height and listlessly adds in a flippant twirl around the pole before walking toward the exit, at the door she turns and locks eyes with the human wiping blood from her lip with the back of her hand. “Do not underestimate me Staton” she adds before departing.

more_horiz
Continuation of Flashback Occurring During Akira's Flight to Southeast Island on Tython...

Time previous: Two and half years ago

Location_Tits_ Up_

Planet_Coruscant_

Inside Akira's Mind... I7gchgY

Blake Staton returned a two months later with information and as always it was Mama Xiaan who knew of his return before anyone else.

“Gida” she speaks softly waking Akira from haunted dreams. “Gida, your friend has returned, and he’s kept his word, no one knows who you are.”

Inside Akira's Mind... TLmFSHZ

Akira rolls over wiping the sleep from her eyes, “what time is it, Mama Xiaan?”

“Six in the morning.”

Akira lets out a groan, “I just fell asleep an hour ago.”

“I know sweet child, that’s why I brought you some hot tea with just the smallest dash of carsunum so you’re alert for dealing with this man.” Another groan escapes Akira as she pulls the blanket up to her face, “child, he has the news you’ve been waiting for my flies have told me.”

Akira wiggles up in the bed sitting upright taking the tea from madam Xiaan. “Thank you.” She says bowing her head.

“Be careful my little Gida, I fear the journey you have before you will reshape you in ways you’ve yet to know, you already have eyes that speak of seeing too much,” she says tenderly as she brings her fingers to the healing cut on Akira’s lip, “I fear this path will require you to face the horrors you’ve tried so hard to escape.” She moves her hand to push back Akira’s unruly hair.

Akira breaths in deeply taking a sip of the tea. “I must find my way back to…” Akira pauses eyes flashing to the floor board where she’d so carefully hidden her light saber under.

Madam Xiaan’s eyes follow hers, “the problem my dear Gida with being the last of anything, is by and by, there are fewer and fewer places to find home. But listen to me child, once a fly, always a fly, you can always return here for home” she ends putting her hand under Akira’s chin and tilting her eyes up to meet her own.

Akira blinks rapidly as her eyes start to water and Mama Xiaan releases her, and she quickly looks away from the Twi’lek matron.

Inside Akira's Mind... UanAUMZ

Akira proceeds to change into her day clothes and upon finishing her tea finds herself alert and ready to face Blake Staton in the champagne room. She hurries through the always busy show room of Tits up toward the quiet of the champagne room.

Inside Akira's Mind... YyGz7OC

“A-- Gida,” Blake Staton says standing as she enters extending his hand. “I have word from your brother, he was able to get in contact with your brother, he said to give you this, so you know what I say is true.” Staton says handing Akira a sealed and stamped envelope.

Inside Akira's Mind... UanAUMZ

Akira takes the letter carefully unsealing it and as she opens it her eyes light up at the small drawing.

Inside Akira's Mind... OunEsvq

Akira folds it quickly tucking into her robe hearing her brother’s voice as she does so.

Little sister,

I will always be your loth, for as they are a guardian of the light side of the force, so to am I the guardian of your light.

She smiled remembering him drawing this symbol on the inside of her wrist every time she left his care to return to their sister’s.

Staton clears his throat bringing Akira back to the current moment. “I am to take you to the Morena within the hour, which will transport you to along Hydian’s way to Botajef, where you’ll be placed onto a supply ship -the Efreet- to Dathomir. Once in Dathomir, you are to ask for Hirgal Brin, she is somewhat of a warrior goddess of the Nightsister clan. Your brother knows some powerful people Gida. We had expected you to have a week to prepare for travel, but I’ve gotten word that there is a plan to raid the Morena within the coming week, so they are leaving as soon as you’re aboard before the raid’s details can be finalized. Once off Coruscant, the authorities will have no jurisdiction to detain the ship, so come, we must make haste.”

Akira nodded turning on her heel and heading quickly to her room to pack her meager belongings. From under the floorboard, she pulled her journal, meager savings, and lightsaber. Tearing a page out her journal she drew her own symbol of a vulptex that reflected her cunning senses.

Inside Akira's Mind... JYBs7xd

As Akira departed, Madam Xiaan was nowhere to be found, and she suspected that the madam had known their goodbye was to be this morning. Mentally Akira took a moment to close her eyes briefly as she exited Tits Up and send a wave of gratitude for the safety, she had found there over the last six months. She then stepped into a speeder and was rushed to the awaiting ship.

Inside Akira's Mind... VuwYxoz

Once to the ship everything had been a blur. She’d given Staton her drawing of the vulptex to send her brother so he could be paid for his part in moving her to safety. She then spent hours stuck in the cramped quarters of smuggling hold of the Morena each time the ship stopped in a trading port along the Hydian Way.

Inside Akira's Mind... 3kDuOEN

It took two weeks for them to reach Botajef where Akira was then transported in a temporary box crate onto the waiting Efreet headed to Dathomir with supplies. It was then another two day flight to Dathomir with only a daily break where she was released to use the facilities.

more_horiz
Location_Surface_of_Dathomir_

Planet_Dathomir_

Inside Akira's Mind... PI8bMHc

Inside Akira's Mind... MNrTRWo Inside Akira's Mind... AaSgiyD

Once to Dathomir, Akira was given a heavy hooded robe and ushered to the nearby city in the middle of the night. Her equally cloaked escort was silent as they made their way through the darkness to a side entrance craved into the stone rockface outside the grand entrance to the city. Through a winding series of tunnels that had Akira disoriented and lost her and her guide finally reached a brick wall.

Her guide knocked in a rhythmic pattern and the door slid open. A young Zabrak male greeted them as he bowed low handing the guide a clinking purse of what she assumed was payment for her arrival. Ever silent her guide turned and left and the male motioned Akira forward.

Inside Akira's Mind... 0wC2YCL

“Ah, Akira Lux, we’ve been expecting you. I am Ress a humble servant of the great Hirgal Brin. She has instructed me to take you to your room and make sure you are comfortable and that she will send someone for you when you wake up with breakfast and see you when her schedule allows.” With that he turned and led Akira to her room stopping outside the door as she enters.

“I hope you find everything to your liking, if not just reach out to me with the force and I will see that whatever problem you face is addressed.” With that he bowed his head and Akira walked through the open door nodding to him with a smile as he closes it behind her. She turns around thankful to see a soft bed awaiting her.

Inside Akira's Mind... LseUdZA

After a quick shower and putting the meager clothes she’d brought with her away in the closet she dons her nightgown and crawls between the cool sheets falling quickly to sleep.

more_horiz
Continuation of Flashback Occurring During Akira's Flight to Southeast Island on Tython_

Time previous_Two and half years ago_

Location_Nightsister_Lair_

Planet_Dathomir_

Inside Akira's Mind... LseUdZA

Upon waking, Akira a finds new clothes laid out for her on the nearby coffee table with a note saying:

if these don’t fit send one of the males to get the right size, I can’t very well have my guest running around looking like a useless male. Have one of them show you to breakfast.
-Hirgal Brin

Inside Akira's Mind... DHz4e8w

She showers and dresses herself in her new clothes taking a moment before the bathroom mirror to appreciate her clean appearance for the first time in week. Smiling she peaks her head outside the door and is immediately greeted by the same male from the night before.

“Oh! Hello!” She says friendly.

The male looks at her taken aback bowing his head.

Inside Akira's Mind... 0TCFi8J

“Oh, um… thank you for the clothes. Can you show me where breakfast is?”

He nods his head again motioning down the hall with his arm as he takes a step forward, “Be Jith Akira, hiso come.”

Akira follows him down a series of stone hallways before the come to an arch way opening into a cave room with a long table lined with all kinds of food with a Zabrak female sitting at the head of the long table and a male hovering at her side with a pitcher. As Akira enters, she looks up.

Inside Akira's Mind... S2VYc4e

Inside Akira's Mind... 9NnB5bT

“Volks kep Jith, tell me how was your sleep?” Hirgal Brin asks dismissively swatting away a hovering male Zabrak with the flick of her wrist.

Akira bows deeply to the seductively fatal Zabrak sitting before her “Ay’Vyshtal Hirgal Brin. I slept…”

Inside Akira's Mind... ZxNiwIY

“…surprisingly well for being located on one of the most poorly regarded planets in the galaxy?” Hirgal Brin smirks throwing a mischievous grin Akira’s direction.

“Ay’Vyshtal…” Akira starts continuing to use the title befitting a respected warrior.

“Yide stop, I’m only teasing you kep. Throw your demure programming to the nearest rancor. The galaxy is ran by… males.” She pauses to hiss in the direction of the two males standing statute still by the entrance. “Males, who care only to prove who has the bigger talu, as if their lording over all things entitles them to more than an ounce of respect. No kep, the sky may be vast, but it is the ground beneath it and the sun above it that gives it life. Females yemslari –create life- we carry it, feed it, shape it, protect it and honor it. Without us there is no life. Males are the sky, merely the emptiness that gives us room for all things. Too much space, and a place becomes barren, not enough space, suffocating, but space here is as good as space over there. Those males think they are the sun, but at best they are the cancerous rays of a dying star burning in nothing more than their own self-declared importance. To hear it from them we’re “dangerous heathens, blood thirsty witches” those males spread as rumors about us across the galaxy, warlike and violent. But we are merely the champions of life and the friends of death.”

A smile creeps across Akira’s lips, “it is an honor Ay’Vyshtal.”

Hirgal Brin’s eyes travel up and down Akira’s body slowly, evaluating her posture, and frame taking note of her scarred but no longer bruised knuckles and the way she positioned her weight over the balls of her feet. “I see that not completely useful brother of yours was right, you do have potential as a fighter if those useless Jath haven’t filled you with bad habits. Tell me kep, has Domir freed your own mist?” She sighs seeing the confused look on Akira’s face, “Do you yet forret kep child?”

Akira blushes and nods her head in response.

“So, you’re of age to test your fate against the Sleeper should you choose. And would you choose kep, to turn your back on the teaching of those pompous Jath kep Jith?”

Akira raised her head, “Ay’Vyshtal, I am, as you say, still much a child, how could I swear my life to one thing or another when I have yet to get to know the music of my life that will determine what type of dance it will be, one of kal’vyshde, a dance of war; or perhaps kal’ayuride, one of honor, or if I am so fortunate a dance of aristinade, celebration. I lack any delusions that at 17 I know what path my life is yet to be. I was raised by parents who feared our people, that sought to strip the vysht, war, out of their children. Before my first forret I witnessed the slaret, blood, of my parents fill the street. Still naught but a kep I bore the vyi battle of the aj slaret, bad blood, between my siblings. I sought to make my own path with the Jeth and Jith and now they too have been taken from me. My life has been a journey, a mai’ul, without a destination and only the hopes to escape the places I’ve already been.”

Hirgal Brin holds up her hand, “Yide. Your slaret is your past, your present, and your future. What is your ru on your mother’s side, we do not bother with the clans of father’s here for they hold no certainty in being the father of any child.”

“Be’shuo, I am born of clan…

Inside Akira's Mind... O6Hnsrq

“I’forret Ay’Vyshtal!” A nervous looking Zabrak male yipes rushing half a step ahead of a wild looking female dressed in furs and adorned with tattoos and blood. “I tried to…”

Inside Akira's Mind... HpkyTUS

“Ssks, ssks, sks!” The woman vocalizes forcefully pushing the young Zabrak male out of her way. “Kabno male, bu! Bu bu bu!” She spins shooing him away from her with her hands. “Mal ama! Ssk, ssks, sks!”

Hirgal Brin stands bowing her head to the newcomer, “Ul’talinae, great shaman Xianna, what an honor you bestow upon me and my guest.” She tilts her head toward Akira, “Kep Jith Akira Lux of the… well, you arrived just as she was about to tell me her ru so I’m afraid I can’t give you quite a formal introduction.”

Xianna turns her head slowly toward Akira eyebrows raised.

“Be’shuo Keff Ul’talinae Xianna.” Akira says bowing.

“Born of clan Keff? That’s a clan name I haven’t heard of in quite some time. Judger of Change, interesting. Tell me what of your father’s clan who are you born for kep?”

“My father’s ru is kalhakkle.”

Xianna laughs, “ceremonial knife clan? What an interesting match.” She says her eyes staring unnervingly steady into Akira’s own orange ones.

“Bah! Kalhakkle is hardly interesting. I’d bet half the Zabraks between here and the core have some ties to ru kalhakkle. Their males are…”

“Yide Ay’Vyshtal, the ichor speaks” she whispers floating closer to Akira her eyes shifting to a bioluminescent green as green smoke began to rise around her with reaching tendrils wrapping themselves around Akira as the distance between them closes.

Akira feels time slow to a stop as Xianna’s fingers reach her cheek and she traces them down Akira’s arm to her fingers flipping her palms over. Immobile Akira watches as a green hued knife appeared out of thin and Xianna quickly slices it through her palm. The movement so quick that her brain failed to register pain before the shaman swiped her other hand across Akira’s palm healing the wound.

She then released Akira’s hand stepping back raising the knife and watching intently as the blood slowly made its way through the flat side of the ornately carved blade. It felt like eternity before the shaman waved her hand back breaking up the green haze around them sticking the knife into her satchel her eyes and time returning to normal.

“Ay Dreelik Valsoon requires my immediate presence.” She says storming out of the room in the same unexpected manner she came into it, with the same young Zabrak male rushing after her.

“That is the Am’Keynal holy speaker for Queen Dreelik Valsoon. As with all who are a Am’Keynal holy speaker her mind is somewhere between here… and well… who knows where. Come kep, eat. I suspect you have a long day ahead of you if an Am’Keynal has taken interest in you.”

“It is an honor to eat at your table Ay’Vyshtal.” Akira says steping up to a nearby chair and sitting down. As one of the Zabrak males hurries forward to fill her glass and plate she nods her head in respect, “daynas for the clothes and hospitality Ay’Vyshtal.”

more_horiz
Continuation of Flashback Occurring During Akira's Flight to Southeast Island on Tython_

Time previous_Two and half years ago_

Location_Nightsister Lair_

Planet_Dathomir_

Inside Akira's Mind... S2VYc4e

Inside Akira's Mind... XEasj7G

It wasn’t long after Akira finished her meal that a male Zabrak returned. He entered the room bowing deeply to Hirgal Brin before whispering a message to her in hushed tones. As he spoke Hirgal Brin’s eyes darted to Akira. He finished his message stepping away as Hirgal Brin began to speak.

“Kep Jith, it seems our Queen Dreelik Valsoon wishes to see you. Xianna seems to have told her you have access to the missing piece to a puzzle she’s been trying to assemble. It’s best to not keep her waiting.” She nods to Akira and then motions to the waiting male, “Mal, escort her to Queen Dreelik so she doesn’t get lost.”

Akira stands up bowing her head to Zabrak warrior “Ay’Vyshtal,” and follows the male Zabrak out the door.

The two walk in silence through the caved hallways of Hirgal Brin’s home before reaching the fortified inner grounds of the Nightsister Lair. Akira paused as they stepped into the street. “Wow, this is… spectacular.” She says to no one in particular as her eyes took in the mixture of stone edifices and natural caverns that made up the home of the Nightsisters interwoven with flowing streams and deep blue pools.

Inside Akira's Mind... PrfDPUS

The male pauses as Akira takes in the sights appearing startled as she asks him, “Do you live in the city as well…Mal? That’s your name, right?”

“No Be Akira, the Nightsisters do not use our names, and rarely know them. Mal is what most refer to us as in a general term as the word means an inherent state of inferiority, the same way Be means a inherent state of superiority. The Nightbrotherhood is Mali -an inferior clan to the Nightsisters- and lives to serve them, it is our greatest honor to facilitate their wellbeing. The official home of the Nightbrothers is a village on the far side of the planet, however those of us entrusted with serving here have their own quarters in the homes of the Nightsisters they serve or lodging in the dorms. But we must hurry Be Akira, Rak Valsoon doesn’t appreciate tardiness.”

Akira cocks her head at the word Rak.

“Rak, is the title the Nightbrothers use for the highest level of greatness. Rak means…”

Akira nods, “it means great strength or power.”

He smiles, “or unrivaled awe, which is what we Nightbrothers feel for Rak Valsoon.”

Akira nods again starting to grasp the hierarchical structure of the Nightsister and Nighbrother society. “Well, let’s not keep Queen Dreelik waiting.”

Akira continues following along as they wind through the underground cave system until she was sure they were going to pop outside the other side of the mountain. Then before her she sees the rising façade of what could only be considered a palace.

They enter through the front gates continuing down a long ornately decorated hallway. As they walk, they pass other Zabrak males who bow their head to Akira as they pass prompting Akira to smile in acknowledgement. Her guide looks at her and shakes his head.

“No Be Akira, there’s no need to smile, we do not seek praise or affection, it is our goal to be as the ground beneath your feet, ever present but forgettable. You do not look at your feet as you walk, you trust the ground to be there and your feet to carry on. So please, just carry on Be Akira.” He stops as they arrive at the doors to the throne room, and he nods to two males to open the doors.

Inside Akira's Mind... HgsPdsg

He enters first making his way up the smooth stone steps stopping at the top beside a bowed male statute. “This is as far as males not in the service of Rak Valsoon are able to go unless accompanied by their Nightsister. I will not be able to follow you past the two standing sisters as they mark the start of sacred space. But I will be waiting for you in the building there to the left when you finish. One of the Vysht Sister’s, war sisters who stand guard, will take you the rest of the way.”

As they reach the final staircase on the left-hand side of the cavern the male raises his voice to a fiercely dressed female Zabrak as he diverts his eyes to the ground. “A guest for Rak Valsoon, Be Akira as requested.”

Akira steps up to the female bowing her head.

Inside Akira's Mind... W4G9UdY

“Follow me, she’s been waiting.” Akira follows her up the long steps toward the brightly lit throne.

Inside Akira's Mind... Iw0oGie

Akira bows deeply, “Queen Dreelik, it is an honor.”

As she stands the queen nods her head locking eyes with her. “Leave us.” She orders to everyone and the room goes eerily silent and Xianna steps from the shadows. “Jith Akira, my Am’Keynal tells me that you have access to something I seek.”

“I am unaware of what that is, Ay Valsoon.”

“Tell me Jith, what brings you here? What has separated you from your fellow Jith and Jath?”

“I was…” the word abandon came first to her mind and she paused, “…on a mission when the Jedi fell and have been trying to make my way back to whatever remains of my people.”

“Your people? Are you not Zabrak first and Jith second? Perhaps you’ve already made your way back to your people.”

“Ay Valsoon, I am of the force first, and everything else second, for the Jedi teach us that everything starts and ends with the force.”

“Oh kep, you show your lack of years little Jith. The Jedi place themselves at the center of the universe, the same as the Sith, two sides of the same moon, your Ashla and Bogan I believe. The Force is no more the center of all things than is light from the nearest star. The Force is just that, another force of the universe, the same as gravity, or electricity. There is no good or bad gravity, only perspective. Gravity is good when it keeps us from flying off into space, and bad when we’re falling from space unexpectedly. One would never seek to only use gravity to avoid falling and neglect the way it pulls things together for then we’d never have butter or enriched uranium. I don’t know about you kep, but I’d find my breakfast lacking, and space travel far less enjoyable without both.”

Akira stands silent. Queen Dreelik smiles continuing, “Little Jith lets make a trade. By your silence I can tell you have your own questions, and as my Am’Keynal tells me, your own destiny still to make. Stay with us while we find where your remaining friends reside, and in exchange for their location a favor. I’m looking for a dark saber that you will cross paths with once you return to your friends my Am’Keynal tells me.” She glances at Xianna. “And if you return with the saber then you will have set your destiny in motion, and we will welcome you as one of our own in whatever manner you choose.”

“I feel at a disadvantage Ay Valsoon, as I have nothing but my future to bargain with.”

The queen smiles, “we could bargain with your death if you’d prefer.”

Akira returns the smile, “I imagine that would be disappointing for us both, so yes Ay Valsoon, I will accept your trade. In exchange for your hospitality on Dathomir and seeking out the remnants of my order and safe passage back to them, I will retrieve what you seek, and return when I am able.”

“Yes, kep Jith, and, you will return accepted here however you see fit.”

Akira was uncertain why the last part seemed so important to the queen, but the way Xianna’s eyes lit up she was certain there was more to her future the witch had seen in her blood than either were sharing. “Yes, Ay Valsoon, I will return and join the nightsisterhood however I see fit, when I see fit.”

“Then we have a deal kep.”

“How do I find this dark saber that you seek?”

“You don’t, it’ll make itself known to you, you just go and do what you’re going to do. Now come, I will tattoo your face you don’t forget this deal you’ve made. Two little lines for two little paths you’ve bound yourself to.” Xianna smirks cryptically.

Akira exhales slowly feeling she had lost a game she didn’t even know the rules to play or understand. But she knew that her survival was her foremost concern and everything else could be sorted out as long as she lived.

more_horiz
Current_Episode 6_

Location_Above Tython southeastern islands_

Inside Akira's Mind... V1K4baI

Akira’s mind returns to the piloting of the Learner shuttle. She looks over seeing Chase curled up asleep. Her navigation controls beep at her notifying her that she has arrived at the coordinates she typed in. She brings her focus on the island below her navigating the shuttle over the island looking for any visible threats and places to land. Seeing no threats, she pushes the controls forward dropping the shuttle into a shallow dive into an open space in the center field of a overgrown temple.

“Well Chase, we’re here. Let’s go see what there is to find.” The sleepy bouncer opens his eyes looking at her and she adds quietly to herself “if we were a dark saber would we be here?”

Inside Akira's Mind... E70kUms

privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply